Download and fill out our Application form for paid staff Mind TWS
Send completed application for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Accountancy Technician
Salary Scale: £20,000.00 FTE. Pro rata £12,000.00
Hours: Part Time, 22.2 hours per week (3/5 of a FT 37hr week)
Pension: Company contribution of 3.5% if eligible.
Holidays: 28 days FTE. Pro rata 16.8 days.
Contract: Permanent pending probationary period
Report To: Chief Officer, Mind Taunton and West Somerset
Place of Work: Mind TWS, Sussex Lodge, 44 Station Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1NS
Introduction: The purpose of Mind is to promote good mental health, to encourage greater understanding of mental health issues, to provide high quality support and to enable genuine service user/survivor involvement and consultation in the development of all mental health services.
Set up in 1982, Mind in Taunton and West Somerset is a well-established and respected organisation that has close working links with a number of other local agencies. Its annual turnover is over £350k
This post provides finance system administration for the charity.
Accountable to: MindTWS Board of Trustees
Reports to: MindTWS Chief Executive Officer
Purpose: To provide a full range of accounting and financial administration support
- Ensure that basic financial policy is followed across all activities
- Monitor the annual budgets, and support project managers in understanding expenditure and income via monthly project reports
- Assist with budget preparation and monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare, send and monitor status of invoices
- Process receivables and payables
- Accomplish monthly payroll via our payroll provider and ensure compliance with HMRC filing and payment deadlines
- Submit monthly Pensions payments to 3rd party Pensions provider
Maintain Financial Records:
- Maintain records to meet legal and tax obligations
- Assist with preparation of end of year accounts for the charity’s auditors
- Prepare bank reconciliation reports
- Prepare cash flow forecasts
- Prepare monthly Project/Department reports
- Work with MindTWS Treasurer and auditors
- Assist with other financial project work as directed
- Provide general administrative support as required
- Attend meetings as required
- To manage and direct the workload of finance volunteers
- An AAT accountancy qualification or comparable experience
- Hands-on experience of day-to-day operation and reporting (ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual with SAGE Accounting 50c for an existing Sage installation for a single, non-VAT registered company with multiple projects/departments.
- Monthly Payroll preparation in conjunction with a third party Payroll Service (knowledge of Sage Payroll and Pensions an advantage)
- Preparation of monthly Pension contributions
- Manual and batch input of payments to bank for subsequent authorisation.
- IT literate including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience in working with the voluntary sector
- Willingness to personally take on a wide range of financial tasks and services
- Willingness to work with volunteers
- Tact, maturity, good communication and interpersonal skills