Somerset Community Care Matters
For enquiries email:- Enquiries@SCCM.org.uk
Phone:- 01823 282538 Fax:- 01823 331052
The Somerset Community Care Matters project provides specialist advice, help and casework in the field of Community Care law the name which applies to all advice about healthcare from the NHS, social care from social services and disability rights and entitlements to care and support.
Community Care matters are covered by government rules and regulations. If you, or someone you care for, have difficulty accessing these services, we can advise you on how to take the first steps to obtain the help you need. This may be to help find your way round the health and social care system or question a decision you think is wrong.
We can do case work for those eligible for Legal Aid. We can also provide advice and help for those who are not and/or direct them to where they can get further help. We: –
Consider an inquiry on its merits
Agree essential casework in special cases
Advise you and make referrals as required to in other areas of social welfare law
For example we provide advice on access to:-
- Help at Home
- Disability aids, adaptations, services and facilities
- Mental Health Care in the community
- NHS Continuing Care and Hospital Discharge procedure
- Younger or older people’s, care choices, accommodation and care charging
- Care and support for Learning Disabilities
- Autism and Aspergers Syndrome
- Drug and Alcohol abuse
- Advice and support for carers
- If you think you, or someone you look after need a service or are entitled to one contact us for further advice and help. Speak with one of our trained advisers with skilled supervision.
phone us on; 01823 334906
or email: Enquries@SCCM.org.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.