Volunteer for Mindline Trans+
Download and read our Mindline Trans+ role description
Complete the Volunteer Application form
Completed forms to be sent to Mindline@Mindtws.org.uk
We are keen to recruit Transgender, A Gender, Gender Fluid, Non-Binary and allies to volunteer to support the line.
Volunteers receive comprehensive training for the helpline and information service and then work on a rota basis answering calls on Fridays, 8pm to midnight (volunteers based in Bristol and recruited through Bristol Mind will cover the Monday evening service).
Volunteers also have the opportunity to work on our existing MindLine helpline service which operates Tuesdays, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 8pm-11pm.
What we offer you:
- extensive and high quality training
- be part of a friendly team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you:
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
Information on training to be a volunteer
MindLine has a long standing reputation for delivering excellent training. Volunteers on our Trans service will be require to attend training before they can work on the helpline.