About the opportunity
We are looking for a volunteer for our Somerset Suicide bereavement Support Service.
The role is mainly admin which will include:
- inputting referral information into our substance views system
- sending emails about our service
- taking notes from the lived experience focus group we run,
- taking messages from professionals
- posting out our literature
- helping to keep the service in the public focus.
There will be no direct work with bereaved people but you will have to be emotionally robust enough to be comfortable with a working environment that involves people that have taken their own lives.
There will be opportunities to progress to going out into the community and being part of the wider suicide prevention strategy if that would be your desire.
Please take a look at our project on the website here and please contact me if you have any further questions to;
Also if you have friends, colleagues or family that might be interested please again do contact me.